I would like to introduce you the reason why we need to treasure our clean water and not to waste it. So when you use water at home, think about it, and stop running water while you wash dishes or brush your teeth just because. Run it only when you need it.
It seems like we have so much water on our planet, so people may not understand why we need to “Save” water, what’s the problem with “wasting” it?
Over 97% of the Earth’s water is salty and not drinkable (like ocean water), and of the remaining freshwater (which makes up less than 3%), only a small percentage can be used. About 70% of Earth’s freshwater is held in the icecaps and glaciers of our planet. The rest of the freshwater that remains is mostly underground (groundwater). What all of these numbers add up to is that only about 0.3% of all the water on Earth is usable! This is mostly the water from sources like rivers, streams, and lakes.
The total amount of water on Earth stays pretty constant, and the freshwater that we use is naturally replaced by The Water Cycle. However, it becomes a problem if we’re using water more quickly than it can be replaced, or if we’re polluting our freshwater supplies and making them unusable. So imagine, every household just waste water everyday by just running it for no special reasons. I know, every person, you have idea you do it sometimes. I admit, I do it too and I want to make correction in my life to protect our Earth. DO NOT THINK your clean running water from your facet will last forever because it WON’T.
There are lots of ways you and your family can contribute to saving water.
*Avoid running the dishwasher or washing machine unless it is full. Just wait until it is full. That’s all.
*Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or in between washing dish and rinse them off. Wet teeth brush or dish sponge, and turn water off. Turn water back on when you rinse your mouth or dishes. Simple!
*Get all of your leaks and drips fixed ASAP. Leak sounds annoying anyway, so why wait? Fix them now. Small drop all night all day, you will be surprise how much water you are wasting.
*If you pour a glass of water and don’t finish it, save the rest for later. It will help you have less glass to wash as well. 😉 The water won’t go bad even if it sits out. Or, pour it out into the plants in your home. Don’t just drain it.
*Don’t run shower for no reasons before you take one. Some people just let shower run forever before they step into it. Just turn shower on just before you step in.
These things, you can do everyday of your life and it is not hard to do!
Just by doing these simple things, you can save A LOT OF WATER. Saving water means saving others, saving this planet, saving our future. Don’t easy look because it is available to us everyday. We want to protect our planet and natural resource that is essential for us to live.
Do something good for our home, Earth. Don’t be selfish!! Let’s support each other, help each other, protect our planet together and build healthy living environment together for our future.